Doublet's Edge

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Doublet Pool, on Geyser Hill, in YNP’s upper geyser basin is a favorite place to visit. The shapes in the sinter around the pool’s edge and the colors and textures are always interesting. The amount of blue seen in the pool depends strongly on the lighting, with the most blue seen on clear days. A polarizer blocks the surface reflections and lets the blue light scattered from the depth show more strongly.

Technical Details

R5, 24-105 @ 50, 1/50 s, f/20, iso 200, tripod and polarizer.

1 Like

Hey - I have that same photo! It is a very cool pool. When we were there (a month ago), it was rainy and overcast, so the colors were much more muted. I love the vivid color in your shot.

Mark, the contrasting colors makes this one a real eye-candy scene. I can truthfully say I do not recall seeing this site before. So, this a very pleasant visit here thru your lens… :sunglasses:
Every time I see the hotpots I think about that book you recommend a few years back. Some scary stories on those pages… :skull_and_crossbones:

Yes, it took multiple visits to realize how the colors (especially the deep blues) change with the lighting…

1 Like

Gorgeous!! What an amazing place. I love the colors and the textural contrasts, and the clarity of the water in these pools is amazing.

The warm an cool colors are wonderful Mark.
i am also enjoying the mix of textures and shapes.

This is fantastic, Mark. The shapes as well as the colors are gorgeous and I love the lack of scale in this scene. Very intriguing image!

Pretty cool shot. Could be an aerial landscape shot with a drone.