Drops

This one’s relative basic, but I thought I’d share. CC4 welcome and appreciated.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

n/a

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
General Lightroom processing only.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

#ig @hoodphotoworks

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nothing says spring like a bursting bud with morning dew! This is beautiful. I am just crazy about the rose color in the base of the image. The OOF background is very pleasing and almost looks like a backdrop. The secondary element does merge (perhaps intentionally?) with the primary element and some separation would be a different interpretation perhaps creating some balance. Yet, recognizing that controlling the background is so difficult in macro may have made this an impossibility. My only other perspective to offer would be that there is a dust spot in the R. side and out-of-focus stem in LLC of the image can be cloned out. A bit of noise reduction may help as well.

Darren: I like your comp here and your DOF/POF choice. I also like the colors in the BG. I could also see shooting this pair in portrait orientation and including the entire BG bud. Still a fine effort as is. >=))>

Foreground bud in sharp focus with the dew giving more interest. The colors in the background work well also. I do wish the background bud was not directly behind the other and that the top was not out of the frame.