Duir

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

What I like the most, is the closed framing in order to give prominence to the subject and its movement.
Something to improve, maybe the exposure because it’s overexposed on purpose, but I’m not sure if it’s accurate.

Creative direction

I always look for different frames beyond the typical photo of trees, that’s why I like to close the frame and in this case overexpose looking for some abstraction in the final image.
I think this gives more prominence to the subject.

Specific Feedback

All of it, if it’s possible. Thank you so much in advance.

Technical Details

Nikon Z6
Nikkor Z50mm f/1.8 S
50 mm
f 7.1
1/100 s
ISO 200

Description

I like trees in winter, because being without leaves, we can appreciate other elements that give different colors to those of other seasons such as lichens, fungi, moss, etc.
We can also appreciate much better the movement of the branches and the suggestive shapes they generate to be photographed, that’s why I always look for this type of images in winter.

Isabel, I though I commented on this post earlier, but…

I think you’ve done a fine job of showing off this snowy tree. Your exposure choice lets the main branches and the green lichen/moss stand out. Thse create good eye movement throughout the frame. You might also try a 4x5 crop of the top, as that reduces the “business” in the bottom.

Thank you so much for your comment!
I’ll take your suggestion into account.