Dune art

When I’m in Western Michigan, I alway make it a point to visit the sand dunes in the early morning. Patterns are still fresh and the light glorious. Here are shadows from a nearly invisible piece of root and the pattern it made in the sand as the wind spun it around.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/200, f/11. 100mm, ISO 100 with minor adjustments in LR to tone curves, sharpening and cropping.

1 Like

Another wonderful abstract John. I love the juxtaposition of ripples and the dark squiggly line of the root. I realize this is a matter of taste but it might be interested to see how this looks converted to black and white. Wonderful eye and beautiful image.

Many thanks. I still don’t feel as facile in B&W as color but here is a first pass at the change. I feel like the root gets lost being so white. I like much of the rest of it however.

1 Like

Wonderful find, well framed and presented! At first I thought the wind patterns were ripples in shallow water.

1 Like

What a striking image - colour, composition, light is all wonderful. In a warming world I see the shadow as a crack in a dry landscape with a dried out remains of a plant and the ripples are like the echoes of the water that use to be there. Of course this is not at all true to the actual subject. A nice image that is both beautiful and evocative. And I love the wind pattern - what a find.