Dune Walkers

It is hard to get dunes without the foot of man. I removed footprints in PS but left the sources for scale. This image was converted from RAW with the Enhanced dng feature. Basic adjustments in LR.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Fuji X-T3 16-55mm @ 28mm, 1/125, f11, iso 400

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Craig: Beautiful light and the play of light and shadow on the dunes is wonderful. Had to look for a few seconds to see the hiker but he’s readily apparent in the large version. I have some images from DV that are similar so I had to do a double take when the thumbnail appeared. Nicely done.>=))>

Craig, I’m chuckling about how hard it was to find the hiker. You definitely win the “smallest in the frame” award this week. The lighting on the dunes is great, with a fine zig-zag pulling my eyes into the frame. The textural contrast with the distant mountains adds well to holding interest. This is the beauty.

Thanks Bill- The photo plan for the day was Black & White telephoto intimate abstracts. Everyone should have a plan. This was from 3 weeks ago and the only day we had attractive clouds.

And thank you Mark. I guess the figure is one for pixel peepers only… maybe a new category? He does show up better on my neighbors new 55 inch Samsung however. :slight_smile:

This is a beautiful sandscape, Craig! i love the light and shadows plus the texture contrasts in this. I was able to find the hiker in the small version but they stand out much better in the large version. The large version has much more presence also. Very nice!

Thanks, I had been looking for ripple patterns to use as leading lines and finally found this undisturbed section. This was the best light of the day, I was hoping for harsher shadows later in the day for telephoto abstracts but the clouds blocked up on the horizon and sunset was a non-event. Still, best daytime clouds of the week.