Dynamic Duo 1

I’ve recently captured a number of nice flower pairings so thought I might do a short series. This was taken this morning and proved to be quite a challenge. It was a little breezy and trying to get the DOF set to get both center parts reasonably sharp was tough. I started off using my 24-105 zoom, then the 70-400 and finally settled on using the 100mm macro. This would probably have been a good opportunity for stacking if I ever get around to trying my hand at that. Fortunately for me this pair was 10 feet out the back door so I just kept going back until I got a keeper. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Minolta 100mm macro
ISO 400, 1/15 @ f22

Pretty much nailed it @Bill_Fach ! I’m surprised you have that degree of DOF by just shooting f/22. Very nicely done. No nits.

Gorgeous as always, @Bill_Fach. Great detail, beautiful composition and colors. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful garden with so many photographic opportunities. Very nicely done.

Hi Bill,

I think that you nailed this one. Diagonal presentation of the flowers in the frame catches the eye perfectly. Colors, exposure, and comp are spot on. Awesome…Jim