Dynamic Duo 3 + Repost

Found these two young Gerberas facing the sun early one morning and couldn’t resist. I have a frame without the leaf in the LLC but I thought the leaf added some interest without being a distraction. Please view LARGE. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-400GII @ 400mm + 1.4xTC
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f8

4 Likes

Great photo Bill. I love the lighting of the flowers and do not find a distraction of the leaf. I wondered what the shining light was on one flower. Looks like a water drop. The soft background also helps the overall composition.

Love the deep golden colors of these Gerbera daisies, Bill. The oof background really highlights the back of the flowers and the hint of rain/water droplets add a nice gentle touch. As for the leaf, at least for me, it is a bit of a distraction. Very nicely seen and captured.

Bill
OH, MY these are nice!
Wonderful photo!!

Love the underside view, Bill! And really like the contrasting green and orange colors. The rain/dew drops add a lot of character. Nice image!

Bill, I love the lighting on those flowers, and your POV. Shooting them from behind and having the backlight just makes this shot. I think I would prefer without the leaf, but would be thrilled to call this one mine, even with the leaf.

Really nice Bill. Photo has a nice warm morning feel. I really like the warm colors of the flowers and complimentary bg yellow greens. I find the very bottom leaf with slivery shine a bit out of place.
Looks like a small dust spot near top right.

I really like the back-lighting here. The way it’s not blown out and how the shadows aren’t blocked either. It’s also a good reminder how flowers can look good from their backsides too.

I love shooting Gerberas in the garden and so I know how difficult it can be to isolate the blossoms against a pleasing background. I like the vertical orientation, but for me the leaf was an immediate distraction. The water drops, especially on the top flower make nice details to discover. Beautiful shot.

1 Like

Here’s the frame sans leaf.

3 Likes

Bill
This is a great portrait. The background really sets these flowers off nicely.