Early Morning Avian Delight

I was browsing through my 2019 images of Tanzania when I came across this one.
A pair of coucals enjoying some early morning delight

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Iso 2200 f6.3 1/800 sec

Nikon D850 - 600mm with 1:4 TC - cropped 20%

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like this very much. Wonderful action, story and composition. I’m really glad to see it not so tight in the frame and showing the environment. Nicely done

2 Likes

I also agree with Keith Bauer great framing of image. The pastel colors and details make this look like a Japanese embroidered kimono. Would love to have this on my wall!

Did you mean Bedroom wall ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great action and a wonderful composition and background, Karl. I don’t see anything I’d change in this one, except to make it mine!

I echo the above comments. This is an exceptional image. If you do decided to print large and make a wall hanger of it, there are 6 (I think only 6) white spots visible on enlargement that might really show up when printed. 4 above the leaves; 1 to the right of your signature and one below birds on right.

Hi Karl, really nice behavioral image with terrific image quality. I’d also see about taking out the small white spots as Jim mentions. Very well seen and captured.

1 Like

I did see 7 and have cloned out these “dust sensors” - as I am planning on printing a large one for a bedroom wall :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing those 6 - actually 7 white artifacts Jim - good observation

Great action shot, and also I do like the wide set-up of the image ! No nits from me :slight_smile: . Congrats ! hans

1 Like