Eastern Bluebird

What is the image about, what does it mean to you, and what motivated you to make it?

I was happy to capture this Male Eastern Bluebird on something other than a tree branch.

Equipment information:

5D Mk IV, 800 5.6L IS + 1.4 TC on a tripod

Camera settings:

ISO 800, 1/1250, f9

Hi Matt,

I wish the pose was more vertical as my only nit. Soft lighting brought out the blues nicely. I like the perch and BG as well. Well done…Jim

A beautiful capture of this little guy, Matt. I like they composition, and the perch being on a slant really doesn’t bother me. Very nice detail and colors.

Very nice image of this beautiful bird, Matt. I feel that either having more of the perch in the frame or making this a vertical frame would make this image better. Great light and head angle with a fine background.

Great eye contact and a nice diagonal perch along with a nice background make this a sweet image Matt!

Excellent light, detail, head turn, perch, and background. Superb job on this. No nits here.

Sweet image, Matt. I really like the small diameter of the perch. The level of detail in the plumage is just perfect-plenty of texture without being overdone.

HI Matt
I like the head-turn and the way the stick brings your eye up to the Bluebird, nice detail and color.
Peter