Easy hang

While out fooling with my new flash, I didn’t even notice this grasshopper bedding down in some flowers in the garden. And then poof - it was there. Just me not seeing it. IRL it’s about 1 1/2 inch long, so not tiny. And yeah, it’s upside down and cut off in the middle with a square crop and some dead space. I still like it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too novel or not novel enough? Other improvement ideas ok.

Technical Details

Handheld

Lr for RAW work including wb adjustment, boost to shadows and whites, reduced blacks and highlights, adjusted a hue or two in the HSL panel. Topaz Sharpen AI for detail enhancement. Photoshop for distraction removal. Square crop as final in Lightroom. Usually I save cropping for last.

2 Likes

Love this guy, Kris. Kind of how I feel sometimes, just barley hanging on. Great take on the weekly challenge. Very nicely done.

Took me a while to figure out what I was looking at. This is very cool, Kris. I like it too.

Thanks @linda_mellor & @David_Bostock - I think we all have days like that. Hopefully nature photography brings you some peace of mind. Grasshoppers have pretty good camouflage, I didn’t see it for a few minutes and it was only like a foot from me, lol.