Eif

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 100, 400 plus 2X, f5.6, 1600th, A7R4, handheld, full frame.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi David
The Egret look nice, with well controlled white and good detail. Davis it looks like the Egret is flying over the grass in my front yard? I have lost were the Egret is flying in the great out doors. The DOF is vary shallow, leaving the photo with a vary sharp horizontal strip of grass under the Egret. What would the photo have looked like in a 1.6 crop mod. using the 400mm and 1.4ex or no ext?
I re-cropped the shot and made the grasses out of focus under the Egret, what do you think?
Peter

1 Like

Nice detail in the whites, David. Was the iso really 100? I don’t think I’ve ever been that low up here for anything but the occasional shot under indoor conditions. Excellent placement in the frame.

Nice pose and composition. Good detail in the whites and the eye looks sharp and the eye color fits in well with the surroundings.

This was on the third circuit of the wetlands so it was later in the morning, more close to noon. So yes, it was taken at Iso 100. I am shooting in manual mode with auto iso. for bird in flight opportunities, I typically set the shutter speed at 2500 unless there are smaller and faster birds. Also have f-stop as wide as possible for decreased DOF.

Nice and sharp and well exposed. Nice action catching the bird just popping off. I could see this as a bit of a pano with some off the bottom.