Elegance in simplicity

I don’t know which flower is this, but it’s simplicity and soft colours attracts my eyes. I take this one from my college campus garden from my mobile cam.

First thought is Sweet Pea because of the color and the climbing nature of the plant. Not sure the structure is tight enough though. Enjoying the color as it transitions from light to dark, and the contrast with the blue sky. Done well with the sharpness as well. But, again you’ve cut off the flower on the right side. Could you have stepped back and included the whole bouquet or zoomed in to showcase the folds of the petals.

1 Like

Here’s the whole picture @Patricia_Brundage
And thanks for the compliment,i will work hard from next time.

1 Like

I think this is a cyclamen. The petals are beautifully captured - the texture showing and the sharpness of the edges. I think the composition is indeed the thing to work on - your original does show the flower better and, as Patricia suggested, you could aon another occasion, play around with the petal forms by going in closer.

1 Like

Thanks alot @Ian_Wolfenden. For the suggestion,it is insightful . I will work on it.

Pkamy: I’m inclined to agree with Patricia on the ID. Cyclamen do look like this but don’t climb and seem to be on a vine or long stem but rather stay close to the ground. With your full image to work with I would crop and edit like so.

Of course if you don’t have the cloning/patching tools that I have available you could merely crop. However getting rid of the dark lines exiting the frame on top and bottom brings more attention to the flowers. Nice find. >=))>

1 Like

Thanx @Bill_Fach,i will work on your suggestions.