Name This Beauty

I captured this flower at the Harry P Leu botanical gardens in Orlando, FL last week. I need help in identifying the flower. Thanks for any critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D750, 70-200mm f4 lens at 120mm, 1/80 sec, f4.0, ISO 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Larry, looks like to me it’s part of the gentian family. I found this link (https://wildflowersearch.org/search?oldstate=name%3AGentianaceae%3B&buttonName=none&hab=&Elev=&PlantName=&S__30014.x=110&S__30014.y=69) to one that grows in Florida. Perhaps the one you’ve photographed is a strain of this.

Thanks, Linda. Larry

Larry: While I can’t ID the specific variety this is almost certainly a day lily. The petal and especially the center structures are very similar to day lily architecture. I like your capture and your DOF/POF decisions. Most excellent. >=))>
PS: It looks like this is your first post in Flora so welcome aboard and looking forward to more.

I too thought this was a lily, but its leaves are different. Nice composition, color and sharpness of the flower. The blurred background works as well.

Eyes capturing photo. I think it is azalea or a kind of Oriental lily.

@Bill_Fach, @Patricia_Brundage, @pkamy: Thanks for your ID responses and compliments on this flower. It certainly does look like some kind of lily. And, @pkamy, as a reasonably new member of NPN, I encourage you to become a regular member. I have learned a great deal from looking at and reading comments about members’ superb photography. By posting images, one contributes to our passion for landscape photography while learning a great deal from critiques and comments. I look forward to your continued involvement in NPN. Larry

1 Like

@Larry_Greenbaum that’s true. I am learning alot through NPN. And i want to be it’s permanent member and i will Larry. Thanks for the suggestion, i am greatful to you.