Emergence

This image was taken from a logging road in the nearby hills on a foggy, fall morning. I like the juxtaposition of the cool green firs and fog with the warm, orange trees interspersed.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is always appreciated.

Technical Details

1 Like

I very much like this image. I love the effects of fog in a photo. It always adds a soft, dreamy look. The contrast of the two colors is magical and the pockets of fog really accent the top of these beautiful trees. I would diffidently hang this on my wall. On those tough days, it would be wonderful to sit in a chair facing this photo and let your troubles fade into the distance. Very soothing!

@Donna_Callais Thank you for your beautiful comments.

Really pretty, Chris.
It’s cool how the fog kind of goes around the perimeter, framing a less foggy center.
I love these kinds of scenes.
I’d like to be out on a logging road!

1 Like

@Mark_Muller Thanks, Mark. The framing wasn’t accidental. I tried many photos to get the fog interspersed as I wished.

Framing the image to have more fog around the edges compared to the center is quite effective.

Very nice. I love the variations in density in the atmosphere.

Beautiful foggy scene, Chris! And very Oregonish! Love how the fog obscures the contrasting colors in the trees.

@Vanessa_Hill @David_Starr @DeanRoyer Thank you for your wonderful comments!

Chris, Wonderful moody image. I like that you have kept the colors soft . I feel both almness and mystery in viewing the image. Thanks for this great post. Larry

@Larry_Greenbaum I appreciate you thoughts.

I love fog and tree scenes and this is a nice one, Chris! Nice job with the exposure and colors too. As for composition, I think I would have chosen to include the tip tops of the trees in the upper right as they are a ‘heavy’ element in the scene. I think there is enough dead space at the very bottom to allow that without hurting the overall scene. Glad you stopped to take advantage of an opportunity that those back road drives often provide!

Thank you. I do see what you mean about the trees and will try it out.