Enjoy

Image Description

Come on in they say
To enjoy our shining light
An inviting call

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I saw the story and had to make this image.

Technical Details

F8, 1/200, iso 125, 24-7- at 70mm.

1 Like

It’s obvious why you had to add this scene to your portfolio - the light and the tangle is characteristic of your work. Also the slight air of mystery of things little explored. I particularly like how the shadow of the tree limbs echoes the shape of the opening at the back of the scene. A very nice visual echo. Humans love patterns.

Hey Ben! Very stunning capture. My favorite thing about this photo is how you’ve used the atmosphere and tone to frame the individual trees. I can easily find them and that’s not easy. The mood is hopeful and eerie at the same time which I found quite interesting. Great shot!

Beautiful and mysterious - really nice. Nice how the light parallels the trees to make the tunnel. A fine example of how photography captures the beauty of the everyday moment

Exceptional light! The diagonal foreground shadow and how it forms a perfect frame with the diagonal of the leaning trees in the background is outstanding. Is this black and white with a tint or is this subdued colour? Either way, a real beauty.

Ben,

The light is fantastic. Your signature. The path, the tunnel, the light showing the way.

Enjoyed, as usual, you haiku. Uplifting and goes along with the very airy and inviting feeling.

That’s on the one hand… on the other - I can tell you that wouldn’t be near this place in the dark! Here in parts of our country, but this kinda place would be home to wild boar, the Javelina… or any other creature that might lurk in the dark. At night or in the darkness,

Enter if you will
The mysteries of the darkness
To your peril.

I don’t know if that’s a haiku - but certainly flips the interpretation!

Wonderful imagery Ben!

Lon

1 Like

I’ll echo the light is beautiful Ben. Your choice of composition really enhances it. I find the image both inviting and foreboding at the same time; neat effect.

Hi Ben, as everyone has said, this is a wonderful image and scene. I can’t add anything, except thanks for allowing us to “Enjoy” your image.

Cheers,
David

@John_Williams , @Lon_Overacker , @Kerry_Gordon , @Kris_Smith , @CharlesV , @David_Bostock , @David_Johnston , It’s good to see as an image brings such different feelings. (Light and tangle, eery, Mysterious ). And next to your appreciated comments , I learn more and more English expressions (words).
@Kerry_Gordon It is subdued color.
@Lon_Overacker ,I liked your Haiku with this other possible outcome. The last sentence should be " to your own peril". That makes 5.7.5 syllables.
At your place wild boar. Here just leashed dogs who turn over my tripod !

Ben

1 Like