Ephemeral pond scene

While it is hard to tell, this entire scene is underwater. I found it in one of the many ephemeral ponds at a local wildlife sanctuary. With my polarizer suppressing the surface reflections and a very calm surface, there are only a couple of spots where small waves distort the view. (5D3, 100-400 @ 255, 1/30 s, f/16, iso 800, tripod and polarizer)

2 Likes

Wow! That’s some amazing clarity for shooting through water! It’s a macro scene that one would normally associate with “very dry”. Great job with the setup and the shot, Mark!

Fooled me, Mark. I kept looking at it and looking at the weekly challenge and couldn’t figure it out. . . .until I read your description. Great job of eliminating all of the reflections while still keeping wonderful detail in the leaves and stick. Very nicely seen and captured.

At first i was wondering if my monitor was distorting the images, then i read the descrition. amazing how sharp the image when it was shoot thru the refraction of the water. Love those pastel colour of the likens on the stick.