Through thin ice #8

Here’s another one in my series of views through the ice on my backyard pond at the water lilies that had started to grow late in the fall, prior to the freezes. This one is a 5 shot stack for top to bottom sharpness. (5D3, 100-400 @ 321, 1.3 s, f/13, iso 200, tripod, cable release, and polarizer)

3 Likes

Mark, you sure have been presenting some really nice images of the ice, and this is sure one fine one. I love that the lily pad is recognizable as such. The ice has some very nice shapes and lines to it. A great image, and I can’t think of a thing to improve it. No ice here in NC! Been in the 70’s lately. Supposed to cool down next week, so maybe I can find some ice to photograph. I have been enjoying this WC for sure. Lots of great images.

Mark, This is stunning! I like the directional lines in the ice and the saturation of the colors. there’s a nice balance of warm and cool tones, as well.

A very striking ice abstract, Mark! The first word I thought of when I saw this is “Bold”. The bright colors of the lily leafs & stems are very bold as are the sharp, linear and highly contrasted patterns in the ice. The rule of thirds composition with the bright lily pad as the primary focal point works very well also. Well done!

Wow! this is an amazing photo. So clear and crisp. I really love the location of the diagonal lines in the composition and their blue reflections. Truly wonderful, thanks for posting.

Excellent image, Mark!! Great colors, lines, shapes and ice textures. I might burn the URC and top edge middle bright areas, but really minor. I would give yourself the pick of the week with this one! :smiley: :+1:

Mark: I love your images from your pond and this is no exception. Marvelous color and light and wonderful textures. Many :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>