More pond ice

We’ve had freezing weather lately so I managed one day of exploring views through the ice in my pond. :grin: This is a 7 shot stack for edge to edge sharpness in the ice. The colors are from hardy lilies leaves and stems that are below the surface.

2 Likes

This turned out really well. It is a fascinating abstract study of shapes, colors and textures. Looks good.

Hi Mark,

This image works for me. A nice abstraction with subtle colors and textures. I like this one as presented…Jim

Mark, I sure am enjoying your ice photos in the warmth of my home in NC, where we haven’t had such cold temps. The colors and shapes are just fascinating. This would have made a great puzzle. :+1: :+1:

Mark, You have come away with some lovely abstracts from your lily pond during the winter months and this one is no exception. This has some wonderful shapes along with some interesting swatches of color throughout the scene. I look forward to some more of these.

Really fabulous Mark. Your abstracts are getting more and more stunning, and this one is among my favorites. The color palette is beautiful, and the textures provided by the ice make it truly spectacular.
ML

Hi @Mark_Seaver, I love this shot. Nice colors and composition. Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

I like this a lot Mark. Reminds me of a abstract painting. Well seen and captured.

This is a superb abstract, Mark. Really engaging. I recall seeing similar images from you previously - sort of a signature image from you…

Such a unique abstract you present here! It really keeps you looking longer, for details and colors. I agree with @Eva_McDermott that this seems like a painting. It’s intriguing switching between the ice textures and colors.

Fantastic excellence Mark! Just great colors, details and yes, the abstract nature of this.

I can see several, if not many sub-images you could cut from this one - There’s a lot going on with the variety of colors, shapes and textures.

That’s one heck of a pool you’ve got access to - a never ending gold mine I would say.

Lon

This is a very intriguing and thought provoking image, while I don’t necessarily have any critiques, I would just point out that the main element here is the color, with the lines and designs just creating the structure for it to work visually. With that being said, I wouldn’t be afraid to let the colors really sing, and some of them might be improved by brightening them and maybe even saturating them more. This is the best kind of situation to punch them up, since they are the main visual element represented. I would also try some different crops, just to see if that idea becomes more apparent, by removing some of the right side, since the bottom right corner is mostly black and void of color, it kind of pulls me away from the rest of the scene, but by no means is it ruining it.

Really nice image! Congrats.