Eris militaris

A female Bronze jumping spider almost 1 cm long. She spent a lot of time walking up and down one end of the coffee table on the deck. Was very patient with this big thing in her face. This is a 2-image stack.

Specific Feedback Requested

Fire away. It’s not the most natural of environments, but what can you do?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Lumix G9
P/L 45mm f/2.8 macro
f/5 | 1/200 sec. | ISO 400
Handheld but in direct contact w/table top
2-image stack

Lr processed for general exposure, clarity, texture & a bit of a crop. Zerene for stack.

@the.wire.smith

Oh Kris, what a nice in your face shot of this little guy. I am amazed that he stayed still long enough for you to do a 2-stack image. The lighting and reflection in his eyes are really nice. If you used any artificial lighting it certainly doesn’t show. Probably enough natural light with him out in the open as he was. Great shot of one of my favorite subjects.

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman - she was entertaining for sure. Always on the move, exploring and climbing on everything. I love that they always pay out a safety line of silk as they go…one time she fell and it worked. She dangled for a second then hauled herself back up.

1 Like

Hi Kristen,

I would crank up the aperture to about f16 to get more of here body in focus. If you chose f5 for artistic purposes, I understand what you were trying to achieve. Eyes are nice and sharp and lighting is perfect…Jim

Nice one. I like the idea of the two image stack. The important parts are in focus and very sharp. Lovely colors. And I like the deep grainy look of the table. It would be nice if the spider had moved off the edge a bit. Well done.

2 frame with that fellow is quite an achievement. I like the attitude on its face. Nice one Kristen…beautiful work

Balan Vinod

Kris: Perhaps not a great environment but certainly a great subject and a fine capture. Top notch shot. >=))>