Ethereal

This is one of my favorite Death Valley images. Four years ago, I was camped in a remote spot and I saw this when driving out. I really like the hazy, backlit light in the valley. I posted it previously, but thought I would revive it for the challenge.

D810, 70-200

2 Likes

I have always liked this a great deal, Harley. It makes one’s imagination wander. The receding layers of dark to light work really well. Good job!
-P

Harley, this is very mysterious. It also invites me to go exploring. The layered ridges in the distance work great and are set off well by the small mounds and low ridges of the foreground.

Very cool shot Harely, the layers and depth are outstanding.

A very nice, multi-layered landscape, Harley! The large version is especially nice as it has much more presence and detail.

Harley,

Clearly understandable why this might be a favorite. Certainly a desert beauty. Excellent job taking advantage and exploiting the haze as the layers and ridges separate nicely.

Nothing to suggest or even be nitpicky about. Also, terrific entry for the WC - although a bit more subtle than others…

Lon

Harley, not sure how I missed this one. Between having pneumonia and my buddy passing away suddenly I’m way off track.
I do recall seeing this fine image once before, or at least a similar one you had from the DVNP area. Regardless, a very fine “ethereal” looking scene without a doubt…:+1:

Beautifully layered image, Harley. Nicely seen and captured.

Sensational, Harley! I’m just enjoying this one for a few minutes. I have no suggestions on how to make this one better. Just wish it was mine!