Eurasian Oystercatcher

One of my favourites at our shoreline. Often busy running along the shoreline, evading the incoming waves (the BG in this image). By the looks of it, just before I took this image the bird was caught by surprise :wink: … Come to think of it, my pants got totally wet as well since I was lying on the wet sand … Thanks for viewing and have a nice weekend !

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/1600s | f5 | ISO200 | overexposed 1/3 EV

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent job, Hans. The exposure is spot on with great eye contact and a nice running pose. Your usual low angle worked again and August is a great time of year to lie on a wet beach-much better than February!

Hans, no nits whatsoever. This is beautiful as presented. You have pretty much done this by the book.

I have had this experience a few times, too. One very fond memory is that one time when I photographed a tern colony at a local beach. I need to go to the restroom badly so the wave was actually very much welcomed.

Hi Hans, fine details captured and I like the red eye of this species. Great running pose and the splashing water is terrific. Well done.