Evening Flow

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/5sec f/6.3 ISO 160 ICM Taken in the blue hour.

2 Likes

Andre, those pinks and blues! Such an ethereal photograph that looks like a painting. Your timing with the waves all in different stages of breaking really make this picture. The pink highlight in the center just tops it off. Great job!

Love the colors and layers Andre. Very calming image. I also enjoyed the motion in the water. Nicely done!

Colors are stunning Andre! Love the soft feel and moment also. Just wondering if you considered a landscape composition? Seems as though landscape would blend well with the horizonal lines. Just a thought. Very nicely seeen.

Simply gorgeous!! It’s wonderful how the camera movement blends the waves to mimic wave motion but not quite. That makes me roam around the image for a long time, enjoying the fine horizontal lines among the larger loosely-defined shapes. The vertical framing seems appropriate here, but I don’t quite know why. Maybe because it gives more emphasis to the subtle differences between the closer and more distant waves, or moves the path or my eye vertically?

Beautiful image, Andre. The colors and tones are spectacular.

@linda_mellor @David_Bostock @David_Mullin @Diane_Miller @Alfredo_Mora Thanks for the comments.

I actually have quite a few images like this in the horizontal rotation. This one is one from a series I was working on where they were all in portrait orientation and taken at different times of the day.

For me, each rotation has its own merit. Like @Diane_Miller mentioned I like the difference between the closer and more distance waves. I think this also helps to give the image more depth. It also allows me to capture more of the foreground.

1 Like

Stunning colors! Wonderful textures and lines in the ocean. I like the layers of varying colors and tones as you move up through the image. I think the natural inclination would be to do a horizontal orientation, but I find that this really works as a vertical for me. Something different.

Andre,

Chalk up another vote for the gorgeous colors! Love this! And finally a digital vertical format that I can enjoy! (don’t like the long verticals in most cases - used to the 4x5 ratio…) But here the vertical is allowing for all those various layers of color - and shapes, lines, etc.

I especially like the reflected pinks of the earth’s shadow in the water below the large wave. Very cool!

Lon

Well done. I like the colors and the subtle wave action. I think it would work better as a horizontal as it seems the all of those beautiful horizontal lines are cut off.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Don.