One With The Sun

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/6sec f/4.5 ISO160 ICM

5 Likes

Andre, this is absolutely stunning. The light is fantastic, and your technique is perfect. The lines in the wave really helps to provide a wonderful feeling of movement. Awesome.

I think you could crop a bit from the bottom, but then you’d lose the excellent place for your signature. :slightly_smiling_face:

Overall, I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback David.

1 Like

Stunning!! The composition and the way the wave motion is brought out is simply gorgeous!

Another stunning capture, Andre. Nicely done. I kind of like how you can see the streaking sun from your panning.

1 Like

Awesome panning wave image Andre. You captured some lovely color on the waves as well as the great motion. I just noticed the streaking sun and liked it too. I was going to suggest cropping off the sky but it looks fine as is.

Some may suggest that this is not an abstract image and it would fit better in the landscape category but I am happy you shared it here.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller @Matt_Payne @Alfredo_Mora Thanks for the comments. I was surprised by how well the sun maintained its shape with the pan Matt. I was expecting a hot mess :slight_smile: Alfredo, I wasn’t sure where to share it. I find this happens with a few of my images. Glad you found a home for it.

This one hits the sweet spot for me Andre. Just enough blur to give it that mystical feeling but not so much that lose the shape of everything. I love the reflection in the water and shape of the wave. I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

Like everyone else, I think this is a glorious photo. The colors are magical. No crop for me. Great job!

1 Like

@Donna_Callais @David_Haynes Thanks for the comments.

Simply Gorgeous Andre!

There’s most certainly both an art and a science to ICM’s and you’re nailing both! The science being the exposure, shutter speed and the technical execution - the art? is in the motion, making those decisions on what direction, how fast and how far to move. And not a lot of movement here, but enough to elevate this to another level. Well done! Love this!

Lon

Thanks for the comment Lon. Yes, lots of chimping to try and reach the elusive art side of the equation :grin: