Evening grasses + Repost

Camped at the top of Hole In The Rock Road, my wife said, stop eating and take a picture of that! So many years later, I was able to process around some of the imperfections, and here it is.

Vintage 2006 8 MP Canon Rebel xTi

4 Likes

Beautiful soft glow on these delicate grass stems Dick. They feel a bit like musical notes, all play their own tune. Nicely seen by your wife. . . .and great execution by you! Wonderful team effort.

Excellent, Dick. The shallow DOF works great and like Linda, I love the glow. Good on your wife to force you away from your meal. :grinning:

Dick, the is a lovely look at these Blue Grama seed heads (with all of the seeds gone.) I love how the heads of this short prairie grass curl after the seeds release. The colors add fine sense of warmth to the “dancing” seed heads.

Nice warm back lighting in this shot Dick; they almost seem to have lights on them :grinning:. The darker background is somewhat distracting because of the brighter areas intruding into the general outline, but we can’t always have the background we’d prefer.

[quote=“Mark_Seaver, post:4, topic:18123”]

Dick, the is a lovely look at these Blue Grama seed heads (

Thanks, I did not know the name of the grass

Dick: I love the backlighting here and your DOF management. The bright URC pulls my eye quite a bit and I would be tempted to fill it in with the darker BG. >=))>

@Bill_Fach @Jim_Lockhart Thanks for the push to work on the URC

Dick: A nice improvement IMO and just right. I edited your title to reflect the repost. >=))>

I don’t have to tell you this, but your wife was right. Fine image - glad you got around to it. Love the curls of the seed heads illuminated by the back lighting. Well exposed. Nice work, Dick!