Evening Osprey

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Nikon D850
Sigma 150-600mm Sport @600mm
1/1600 sec. f/6.3
ISO 400

The bird’s wings were vertical to frame as shot. I rotated the image in post processing. I thought the angle pleasing to me. This was taken at 6:24 p.m. The pose of the bird isn’t unique by any means, but I did like the low sun angle illuminating the bird’s torso, head, and feet.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very good, David. I love the little head turn it gave you that puts its face in the light-that pretty much makes the image for me. Detail is excellent. You could try bringing up the shadows a bit, but I don’t think you’d want to go very far in that direction.

1 Like

Hi David
The head tilt makes the shot. Bring up the shadows and vibrancy of the wings can help. It a hard angle to get the exposure correct.
Peter

1 Like

Well done! The angle of the wings is perfect. I would prefer a bit more blue sky above and below the wing tips.

1 Like