Fairy ring orchid

I don’t know the name of this sweet little orchid because the tag was washed out and I can’t read it, so I gave it a name. I took several images but liked this top down view best. The single bloom sits atop a long bare stem in a pot in my garden. I’ve never seen it bloom before. It’s only about 3 inches in diameter.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Does it bother you that there are some parts oof?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5dM3, 100mm macro, f/2.8

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

A very pleasing image with the symmetric of the flower, Kathy. I like that in the center are buds waiting to bloom.

This one grabbed my eye on the front page. Nice colors and I like the symmetry of the composition. Might remove the red in the LUC. The OOF elements don’t bother me, given their position in the frame.

Kathy: I think the focus on the center carries the day and the OOF areas are nicely complementary. Wonderful color palette and the centered comp works really well for this subject. Most excellent.>=))>