Fall Cottonwood on Rose Creek

Fall this year in Yellowstone, was among the most colorful and longest lasting that I’ve seen in 10 years of watching. I’m a sucker for the cottonwoods along Rose Creek as it runs past the Buffalo Ranch as I often stop and roam. I did have to adjust the blue in the sky to compensate for the polarizer changes with angle.

5D3, 24-105 F4 IS II @ 30 mm, 1/50 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod and polarizer.

This is real nice, Mark. The yellows and blues really work well together. I might clone out the cloud coming in on the left edge (or at least burn it down), but otherwise, looks good to me.

Very nice, bright image, Mark. The color looks great. I agree with Harley regarind the cloud on the left edge. I like the creek that leads my eye into the trees.
-P

Lovely Cottonwood and scene in general, Mark. One of my favorite trees that I never seem to see in the fall.

Mark, yikes my cottonwood post is tiny compared to this big boy…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Like your post here one thing about cottonwoods is that are in good shape, they always live near or in water pathways. The blue sky is a real plus for providing a nice backdrop.
I could also buy in on the crop or clone removal of the small LH cloud on the edge. Beyond that, works as is very nicely.

Mark,

Always love the blue and gold/yellow color combo - no exception here. Great comp too with the stream leading the eye in. I’m indifferent of the cloud on the left and just grateful there are at least some clouds; and in fact not too many that might end up competing with the grand cottonwood.

Lon