Fall Creek Falls

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

Here is the image from my last post.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Don,

I really like the cascades and the texture and flow. As far as wanting the see the bottom of water falls, the answer for me is, it all depends… Every scene and circumstance is different. Now I don’t know the circumstance, vantage point or other elements outside the frame here, but in this case, image, I would say that the falls do seem cut off at the bottom. The falling, cascading flow of the water is really looking for a tall vertical. I think the cut-off feeling at the bottom here could be mitigated some by a crop off the right removing the bare rock and bright green moss up top. The narrower crop might have a more comfortable look to the composition. Hope that makes sense.

A side note. If you had forgotten to include the image on your first post, you can always Edit the post and simply add the image, even after the fact. No biggie, but thought I would mention.

Lon

This is a lovely take on this waterfall, Don. You’ve got a fine mix of colors in the surroundings and a good sense of flow in the falls.

Don, I too find myself wishing the falls were not cut off, but then you may have had a reason for doing it this way. The processing looks spot on and I like your SS choice. Any chance you can access the upper section? I think that would be a wonderful shot.