Fall House Finch

Photo taken last week. 5D4, 700mm, f/5.6, 1/320, ISO 800
Cropped and processed in LR. An offending leaf and twig were removed in PS.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I certainly like your framing and exposure. Could consider cropping a little more (top and right ) and keeping the full berries in the bottom left
Well done !

The bird itself exhibits a nice pose. Good environmental presentation. I think the bird would stand out better if it had more contrast. A tighter crop might also help

Wonderful color match between the bird and the BG!! I would also experiment with some crops – for me it feels like there is too much visual weight on the left. With a static pose, I don’t feel the bird needs room to fly into, so I would remove the right 1/3. If you have more of the berries in the LL, it would be interesting to include them. The high key exposure is interesting and gets my attention, but lowering exposure a bit could be good for comparison.

Hi David, I like the composition with the berries and a nice view of the bird. I agree with trying a slightly lower exposure but otherwise this looks good to me.

Very nice with the colors in the finch and berries. Good detail and nice head turn. I, also, could see a crop on the right and you might play around with the contrast to see if the finch can pop a bit more.