Family to feed + Redo with AI

Redo

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I recently visited the rookery. This is about 98% of the frame. I wish I could take credit for the composition, but it was one of a burst of frames. Going through the files, I keep getting drawn to this image. I know bird images are meant to show complete wings, etc., but this crop really draws me in.

Specific Feedback

Does the crop work you?
Story of image.

Technical Details

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

It is an interesting composition, Steve. I’m not quite sure about clipping the beak, but the title helps make it work I’m also not sure about the green tinge to the wing and body, though I’m sure it’s from the reflection of light on the vegetation. I think you could remove it pretty easily and see how it looks. Quite creative.

@Dennis_Plank Thanks for your input
The beaks on both birds and the wing were all created with Extend-AI.
I do not know what to think about that.
Can not decide which I prefer.
Your thoughts
Steve

Well, I think I’d go back to the original. The Extend AI has a ways to go if that’s the best it can do on a beak. The wing doesn’t look too bad.

I’d put this in the “it is what it is” category" and stay with the original. If you have a frame with the beaks showing, you could probably do some sort of cut and paste.

Thanks @Dennis_Plank and @Allen_Brooks
After several hours away, then going back to look at the two versions together.
I like the original not because of the AI but because the chopped beak does not bother me not being a birder. I am drawn to the unusual crop.

Hi Steve, agree with sticking to the original here. While having both beaks in full would be a stronger image to me, I do like seeing the bird in the BG under the wing of the foreground bird.