Father and Sons

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400Gii @ 135mm, 12mm XT
ISO 400, 1/60 @ f16
This little grouping of coneflowers got my imagination and nostalgia going. I’ve been blessed with four sons, the first two born 13 months apart. Of course when they were infants and toddlers there was a small difference in size much like with these two buds. I can remember numerous times when I would have Tomas holding one hand and Colin the other. I was young, strong and vigorous then, much like the mature bloom in the image. Of course they are grown and gone now with families of their own and have become good dads in their own right. Of course now if we were flowers they would be the vibrant mature bloom while I would be a little faded, stooped and tattered. Life does go on. Oh how much better our culture and society would be if dads would step up and teach and lead their kids. Happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there in the NPN community and my thanks to my father who taught me the right way to live. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

Nice sentiments to accompany the image, Bill. The flowers make for a colourful grouping against the leafy ground.

Thank you Bill for sharing such wonderful memories and kind thoughts on this Father’s Day. Happy Father’s Day to you also.

I love the image, and I love the sentiments that you wrote with it. Such nice details in the flowers, especially the fully bloomed one. Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there on NPN!

Beautiful thoughts to live by and pass on to your sons, Bill. BTW, the grouping of cone flowers is gorgeous as is the color palette. I am a day late, but I hope all the dads on NPN had a wonderful Father’s Day. I know I did.