Feasting

!
Increased canvas size by .3" at bottom / PS Content Aware “fill” for sky and branches.
image|436x500
Watched a noisy flock of Orange fronted Parakeet eating and noticed that this on was missing 3 toenails on one foot.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Photography into trees is a challenge as branches and leaves obscure getting a clear shot most of the time. The cropping of the lower foot is tight to minimize distraction of branches. Not sure of other options that might work here.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500, Nikon PF500 lens; shot at 1/2000 sec. F6.3 ISO 640, 500mm
Background was cropped @ 25%. Processed in LR Classic and Topaz Studio AI Clear & Sharpen to clear up ISO noise.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
2nd photo is with added .3" canvas using PS and Content Aware fill.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very cool shot, EJ. Your crop did a great job of minimizing the steep angle effect and with the nice head turn it ended up looking very good. I do think I’d give that bottom foot just a bit of room. Judging by the sky showing, you could clone over any branches that got in the image down there.

Agree, Good shot and crop. I would leave tho OOF foliage. I think the colours in the background are more interesting than a uniformly blue sky.