All puffed up with nowhere to go

While I appear to get regular visits from Golden Crowned Sparrows, I have only seen one White Crown

in the last 10 years at my feeders. This was taken about four years ago. I have not posted this one before.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-800, 600 mm, F10, 2000th, D 500, just under full frame. Handheld, reprocessed with new tools

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Excellent detail and a nice pose. Pleasing background. Nice job. I, too, have a lot of golden-crowned at the feeders (should be headed your way soon), and just in the last week a couple of white-crowns have been hanging around, which I agree is unusual.

Wow. Gorgeous frame. Love everything about it. Those toenails are fantastic. If I were going to nitpick, I’d suggest trying to keep the entire perch within the plane of focus, and I’d probably run another round of NR on the background to smooth it out just a tiny bit more. I think I can also see a few clone marks on the edge of the branch.

Nice and clean image- no nits from this side. Although I like the space around the bird I wonder what it would look like if you would crop from the right to have a branch entering and exiting the frame. Curious what you think. Cheers, Hans

A very pretty photo. Nice and clean with lovely colors and nothing seems over done. Nice and sharp with lots of detail. Hans offers an interesting option. It certainly makes the perch seem a lot more solid. In this option I feel the bird a bit too centered.
The original is also very good.

Nice job on the crop. People have commented before that I have left loose limbs hanging in the frame. The only thing I would do besides what you have already done would be to decenter the sparrow a little more.