Female Bluebird

I was looking through images from 2020 and came across this one from January. From the backyard set up. Attracted by peanuts.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600mm, tripod
ISO 400, f9, 1/400s

@allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

The lichen on the branch is almost as interesting as she is! Great bg & detail on her though she looks like she could use a little exposure. Maybe I need a bird set up!

What an utterly gorgeous perch, Allen. The Bluebird isn’t bad either! The depth of field to get the entire perch in such great focus is perfect. It’s interesting that the Eastern comes for peanuts. I’ve never had one express any interest in them out here. I wish they would-it would make better emergency winter food than mealworms. Do you crush them up?

Thanks for the comments!
@Dennis_Plank,
Hi Dennis, I just put out shelled peanuts and don’t crush them up.

Hi Allen
Good looking Blue Bird. She has a lot of color for a female. The background, framing and feather detail are vary nice. Good work.
Peter

Very nice. Excellent color, detail, and background. The pose is striking. The perch is fantastic.

Lovely bird and perch - one of those images where I couldn’t think of anything I’d wish different. Nice job ! Cheers, Hans

Great shot of this bluebird, especially the perch. I like your shot not only of the clean BG but the perfect capture of the fine subdued colors of the female.
Wayne

How cute! You have a really nice setup, love the branch! The bg is perfect with the bluebird.