Female Bullock's

I went out to the backyard this morning to see what I could see and immediately saw, for the first time here, a female bullock’s oriole that stuck around long enough for me to snag some shots. For this she was in the shade but bounce lit by a sunny spot on the ground under her. I just hope her husband shows up too!

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping? Exposure?

Technical Details

D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 750mm, ISO 6400, Sharpen AI, cropped to 2740 x 2015

I like the pose and the perch. The eye looks tack sharp, but is the rest over-sharpened? I could see a slight crop from the left. Great to get an oriole in your backyard.

I think this image has some potential. The biggest issue I see is there is no detail at all in the birds plumage. It looks like a very heavy dose of noise reduction has been applied. I see the image was at ISO 6400, so I’m guessing NR was applied. The bright background in the URC is pretty distracting, but I’m more concerned about the bird.

I agree on the lack of detail in the bird. The auto setting on most noise reduction packages I’ve tried gets pretty carried away when the noise is high and I usually have to go in and manually tweak it to get something usable.