Ferruginous Flyer

Here’s a flyby shot I took of a ferruginous hawk on a recent cloudy, gloomy morning. I am attracted to the downward, bent primaries poses.

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping? Anything else?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, handheld, 1/1250th, f 8.0, 330mm, ISO 640, Topaz Photo AI, cropped to 3392 x 2587

Gorgeous image, Dave. The image provides an outstanding view of the avian winglets (I think they’re called), that were incorporated into aircraft many years back now too…Excellent work here… :+1:

Nice flight shot, and I do like the pose of the hawk. Maybe I would have considered cropping a bit less, as the bird doesn’t need to be this large in the frame for me. Cheers, Hans

A very nice flight shot of the Ferruginous, Dave. The view of the wings is excellent.

Hi Dave
Some day, I will figure out how to make that clean whiter off white background. This photograph has the look of a US Postal Stamp.
Nice work.
Peter

This one is nice, but I wish for more DOF as your Z9 can easily handle a higher ISO with minimal noise. This is a very minor nit . More room around the hawk can also help the comp too. The BG is also very nice as there is a hint of color in your background. The soft lighting works for the comp too. Well done…Jim