Ferruginous Takeoff

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Here’s a shot I got of a handsome ferruginous hawk taking off. They’re about my favorite hawk and there are only a few around in Winter.

Specific Feedback

Cropping?

Technical Details

Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/2000th, f 9.0, 370mm, ISO 500, cropped to 2956 x 3738

1 Like

Wow, great image Dave, loving all the detail and color in the enlarged view. BG is very nice too without being too bright. Think the crop is fine; just enough to frame him and enough space to spread his wings, but others may want a little more space on the left.

Great wing position and lots of energy in this image, Dave. The image quality looks very good. I could see giving it a bit more room to move into.

Hi Dave, Great image. Nice catching the bird in launch mode. I too would like a little more room on the left for the bird to move into. That’s pretty minor considering the wonderful pose.

Nice catch Dave! Love the wing pose, nice eye with catchlight, and fine details. I think more room on the left would help the composition a good bit. Gorgeous hawk, well captured.

This is really nice Dave. great details and lighting.