Fields of Dreams

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image is one that almost did not happen, as I picked up this mushroom and tossed it back to the forest floor, not recognizing it as an edible one. Luckily, it ended downside up, and I noticed the incredibly stunning colors and equally interesting gills. I ended up doing a photostack, and the resulting image has ended up doing quite well not just in photo competitions, but also in publications, both book as well as print and on line magazines. Two of the top recognitions would be last years recognition right here in the weekly challenge (thank you Mark S.), and it’s crowning glory winning the Art of Nature category at the California Academy of Sciences in their international yearly competition, BigPicture; it went on exhibit at the Science Academy as a big print the beginning of October, and will remain so until April or May of next year, soon to be printed to grace our walls here at home. (End of brag :slight_smile: )

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

photo stack, 1/13sec, f/11, ISO 100/ 105mm prime

2 Likes

Brag away, Fritz! This is an amazing shot and incredibly well composed and shot! Congrats!