Firehole Glow

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Does this pique your interest in the area?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Afternoon sun strikes the prominent landforms in Firehole Canyon, a unique area on the upper part of Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Towering overhead are the oft-photographed North and South Chimney Rocks—tall pinnacled buttes that are the remains of ancient volcanic activity. Visitors get a sense of the splendid isolation that one can find in Flaming Gorge Country. This specific high desert location is refreshed by its lakeside facilities.

Technical Details

iPhone 13 Pro Max back, triple camera; segment of a panorama video capture; 5.7mm @ f/1.5

Specific Feedback

Whatever you wish, positive or otherwise.

Bob, It caught my attention long enough to comment about it. I wonder where the water leads to the right of the frame. I am an evergreen forest, rivers, and lakes with vegetation kind of person. I would not drive a great distance to explore this area, but that is just me. I do want to read what captured your imagination.

Thanks for the explanation of this area’s attractions.

Thank you @Barbara_Djordjevic for your interest. The water channel on the left is the entrance to a bay that serves a campground—boat launch, water supply and recreation.
This was my second visit to Flaming Gorge, but first to the east side. Completely different from the west side. I encountered a sign directing to a campground. It was a deeply rutted, steep descent, yet I kept noticing those intriguing chimney rocks poking up into the sky. Little did I know they were immediately adjacent to the campground. I spent days exploring and photographing at all times of day. I will post more images later.

I look forward to seeing them.

Thank you @Barbara_Djordjevic for your interest. That could take a while. I have some limits on when and how many images I can submit. I do not want to overwhelm the site and develop a reputation as a self-absorbed boor.
You can always go to my website. It may be against the rules here to post my URL so I won’t. Just type my name into your browser and you will find it.