First Foray

Olympus TG-4 @ 18mm
ISO 200, 1/320 @ f6.3
The first full day of our Alaska cruise adventure and our initial foray off the boat (Wilderness Adventurer) in a kayak in Endicott Arm. I bought the little Olympus for its RAW capability and waterproofing. Came in handy while in the kayaks although as I got more confident I did take out a DSLR later in the trip in a dry bag. I found the TG-4 to be very competent although a little hard to handle with gloves on. All comments welcome.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bill, I like this. The ice in the foreground grabs my attention, and then my eye goes through the scene, as there seems to be lines throughout that lead upward. Well seen and captured.

Bill, there are lots of thoughtful bits to like here. The strong perpendicular action between the iceberg and the stream is quite eye catching. Getting the cruise ship showing over the iceberg is a nice touch as well. The mix of greens and dark rocks works well.

A nice Alaskan scene, Bill! The ice bergs really help add depth, especially with the cruise ship in the background for scale.