First Savannah Sparrow of the Year

From a few days ago. My wife had heard them singing, but this was the first one I saw. I’d have liked a more appropriate perch, but this is what it chose.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with ballhead and Sidekick mount, f/9, 1/1250, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. All I really did to this was crop it and add some microcontrast to the bird and perch with Topaz Detail. Taken April 5th at 5:33 PM.

1 Like

Hi Dennis
You Sparrow looks vary nice. I love the yellow highlights, and feather detail. I think you could crop a little of the lower frame.
Peter

Lovely shot. Nice feather detail and tack sharp. The bottom right shadow, I reckon it was something in the foreground, is a bit distracting. And regarding the perch, in nature photography, you gotta play the hand you’re dealt.:wink:

Best,
Rudy

Hi, Dennis. Perch looks fine, to me. The bird is wonderfully displayed and I like his yellow highlights. Wish I could hear his song.

Nice color, detail, and light. I like the pose. I could see cloning away the bottom left lateral branch but keeping the perch as is other than the branch.