Fishing on a golden morning

Thank you so much for your kind comments & views !

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; ISO 400; 1/1250 sec. at F 4.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A lovely composition and I really like the lighting in this one, Jagdeep. Excellent image.

1 Like

Love the mood set by the morning light. Also the lone egret standing tall above the rest tells a pleasing story. Would make a lovely metal print.

1 Like

I LOVE this kind of lighting a lot but do not get it frequently enough here in California. I love the idea of using a lone egret as a contrasting element (vs all the white pelicans) and I think it’s clever that both have white plumage. So very well done.

1 Like

Love it. That orange fog is to-die-for. Crop is spot-on. You left just enough sky. Almost every single pelican’s eye can be seen, which, to me, makes or breaks images like this. Really nice.

1 Like