Flat Light

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Single Image taken on an overcast day at a local park. ISO 500, 69mm, f/7.1, 1/160.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Kathy, the colors and the details stand out beautifully here. There’s a wonderful collection of yellows and greens which couple with the near perfect reflection for a very peaceful and inviting scene.

I, too, like the scene, Kathy. One comment that I have is that perhaps it’s slightly heavy with the Orton effect/glow on the top?

Kathy,

This is gorgeous! Love just about everything here, including the colors, processing. If i were to make a minor suggestion it would be mitigate the vertical reflection (trunk at the bottom.) Either a crop/clone combo and straight clone. I think you have room to shave a little off the bottom. I can’t recall however, if you’re adverse to removing things from your images - regardless, this is a winner either way.

Lon

Kathy, Wonderful intimate landscape. I agree with @Lon_Overacker about cloning out the tree trunk reflection. You did a great job of seeing here.