Fleeting

Another from our day trip to Shenandoah NP. The clouds/fog were moving pretty quickly along the slopes of the Shenandoah Mountains so I did not have long to compose this scene before these two ridge lines disappeared from view. As an added bonus we were treated to a glimpse of the valley below. While at this location it was raining lightly so Mike was the umbrella man while I was the photographer. All in all it was a great trip photographically as I came home with several images that I liked.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f 13 @ 1/8 sec, ISO 400, MLU, CPL, cable release & tripod.

You know that you’ve really made it as a photographer when your assistant holds the umbrella for you :laughing:

Great atmospherics Ed, the clouds in the ULC are just wonderful. I also like that you kept the WB relatively cool. I think the cool WB keeps the emphasis on the fog and clouds, and helps keep the fall color from dominating the image. I also think you found the sweet spot for dehaze, in terms of texture and detail in the clouds. No nits from me, I’m enjoying this as presented.

1 Like

Ed, what a great moment in time. Amazing to me from my flat country, Thank you for sharing !

1 Like

Lovely scene, Ed. While the ridge line steals the show, the depth given in the ULC seals is. Great work

1 Like

I really like this, Ed. The diagonal lines in the comp work quite well. Lots of depth and also mystery in the image with the treeline rising out of the mist. Well done. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone @Ed_McGuirk, @Ben_van_der_Sande, @Adam_Bolyard and @Michael_Lowe for taking a moment and leaving your thoughts as they are always appreciated.

@Ed_McGuirk : That is funny! :laughing: In reality he owed me as I carried the camera bag for him a couple of weeks prior while in Ricketts Glen SP when his foot was bothering him.