Flow of Time

The creeks are freezing up on the rocks and cracks and its a competition between finding a nice abstract and fingers freezing. This is a very small piece of a crack with a small amount of water flowing keeping the ice clear on the surface.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is the abstract pattern balanced an interesting?

Are your eyes drawn to the smooth ice with the red tones and not getting pulled to the edges?

Technical Details

10s at f/40 400mm ISO 100 cropped to a third of the original image.

1 Like

Great abstract, Michael. I think it works and the pattern is quite interesting. I rotated it clockwise on its side and found it was even more pleasing. You might try it and see if you like it. Still, nothing wrong with the vertical. Well done.

I like the patterns in the ice Michael. The bright areas in the BRC make the image feel a bit imbalanced. I would tone it down and bring more emphasis to the interesting detail in the middle. The diagonal comp works well for me.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I took it into Ps where I could use masks and make more local edits. I have pulled down the two white corners and added contrast to the area in the middle. Hopefully this works better.

1 Like

I really like the rework. I do think you could add even more clarity or tonal contrast and it would help add a bit more punch to the image. Well done.

@DvirBarkay Thanks. Go Bold or Go Home!

Hi Michael, nice work on this image. Ice patterns are a lot of fun to explore. I do prefer your reworked version with the horizontal orientation. The original felt a bit off. And Iā€™m glad to see the corners darkened a bit.