Fly By

Had some fun in September with the hummingbirds. Haven’t had a lot of time lately to process or post (other than a few quick ones here and there on FB). Hope to be more participative. I was able to nab a quick one of this female broad-billed trying to take a nip of I think a female Rufous.

1DXM2, 600mm f/4, 1/6400 at f/8, ISO 1600

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Cool interaction and a neat perch, Kurt. I’d be tempted to bring up the darker areas of the background a bit. I’m not sure why, but it gives the impression of a reverse vignette and my eye finds it unnerving.

Kurt, that’s what I’d call amazing timing! This is about as different an avian image as you can get. Looking forward to more from your quarter. On a side note, I’m going to be at the Bosque a few days next week if you happen to be in the area.

Very cool image. Can’t say I’ve ever seen anything quite like it. Perfect timing. Wouldn’t suggest changing anything.

That’s some pretty amazing action Kurt, well done!

Amazing to get the timing so perfect and the image so sharp. And even the perch and background are great.

A very unique image. focus is very good, shutter speed is as high as I would go leaving you with just a hint of wing motion which is plenty for this shot. nice diagonal perch with plenty of open space in from of the bird in flight.

This is so hard to do. Amazing timing. Interesting to see the two species interact. Great job on the composition, color, detail .I am happy to get just one hummingbird in-flight.

I have no idea how you caught this but it is really cool…