Fog, Fog and More Fog

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’m so so tired of fog. Thick fog, and it doesn’t lift! All day long, for over a week now. It’s what I dread most about winter. Flat light, and endless days of muted light. But, it did give me a chance to shoot this tree without the island background behind it. And, I did a long exposure to try to get rid of the ripples in the water. I should have gone for a little longer I think to get the ripples completely gone, but I am new to super long exposures and was playing. I kind of like how it turned out.

Specific Feedback

And yes, I do see I have to clean my filter, I now see the spots in the bottom half. Thanks.

Technical Details

2 Likes

Judi, this is a nicely moody (pensive) look at this tree and it’s reflection. In the large view, the subtle ripples in the water are a good extra detail. I do think you’ve got too much sky and a bit too much water at the bottom. It would be a challenge, but some extra contrast processing on those ripples, without changing the brightness, may be worth exploring.

Judi: I agree with Mark regarding a crop but this is a striking image IMO. Really well seen, conceived and captured. >=))>

Thank you, I will have to play. I appreciate your comment.

Thanks Mark…I will have to play a bit with my cropping. Appreciate the feedback!