Fog in the Hills

I was on the way to a reserve and I saw this scene unfolding next to the road. I had to get out and capture it!

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5DSr
Canon 24-105mm f/4 IS II
95mm
1/400s
f/11
ISO 100
Handheld

1 Like

Great conditions Daniel. I really like the diffuse light and transition from warm to cooler tones.

My only critique would that a panoramic crop would perhaps give this a little more impact and also emphasize the diagonal lines in the image. Perhaps losing a bit of the top and a little off the bottom.

1 Like

Welcome aboard and an enjoyable first post. I really like the mood the fog creates. I would second @brian15 's crop suggestion, which seems to put more emphasis on the meat of the image.

1 Like

@brian15 & @Harley_Goldman

Thank you for your critique’s and when I cropped the image to a panorama it looked much better!

Nicely seen and captured! I agree about the strength of a pano treatment for this unique and subtle image.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Daniel, you are certainly off to a great start. I think the most appealing aspects of this image are its beautiful light, and its simple composition that emphasize graphic shapes. The processing looks good, the colors are vibrant without being overdone. I agree with @brian15 that a crop from both the top and the bottom might help. I think this pano treatment would place even greater emphasis on the light and graphic shapes.

1 Like

Cropped version, much better. Thanks everyone and for the kind welcome. Looking forward to posting more and more importantly learning a lot.