Foggy Pearl Lake

The very cold night following what was a warm day provided Mike and I with some lovely fog on Pearl Lake in the White Mountains of NH. We started the morning shooting the sunrise; which pretty much was a dud; from Sugar Hill. After a few minutes there we changed our plans and decided to head down to Pearl Lake. We were not disappointed with our decision; we only wished we had done it sooner. As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200 mm, f 16 @ 1/50 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Ed, I love the mood, love the processing, too. When seen large, I really appreciate being able to see a hint of Fall colors on the trees behind the conifers. Only wishing to see more at the bottom, it feels a little cut off?

Really fine fog mood and dreamy look to the image. I can see what Adhika is saying about the bottom, but not a biggie to me. I quite like this one.

Nice atmosphere Ed. I like the subtle color but I can also see this working as a B&W.

Love the composition and mood of the fog Ed. I agree with @Eva_McDermott that this would work well in BW.

Excellent, Ed. This composition works very well with the fog separating those pines from the background. Processing looks good except that the color balance seems too warm. It may have been like this but I think a cooler WB would work better.

Great mood here Ed

I agree with @Dave_Dillemuth on a slightly cooler white balance