Fooled me!

I love to see the early skunk cabbage foliage in the early Spring with its fresh green color. When I spotted this plant I thought it really stood out from its neighbors but later discovered I had photographed an imposter called green false helebore. By any other name, its still beautiful. Sony RX10iv, ISO 80, f/10, 1/60, 31mm, AWB. I was fortunate to have a hazy sky with soft lighting and actually toned down the exposure in post a bit to bring out the green more. All comments and suggestions welcome and thanks for viewing.

1 Like

Jim: Frame filling fantastic! Wonderful rendering of the greens and the lines are marvelous. :+1: :+1:>=))>

I love these lines, and the close-up, and the greens! Super eye-catching.

Very nice patch you found here Jim! Nice to have such clean lines with so few distractions. I think you handled the color very nicely.

Wonderful image. I love it

Jim: I like the random yet ordered pattern the lines and shapes create. The color is terrific. Richard

Very good image. I would not change anything but to hang it on my wall.

This works beautifully, Jim, whatever the plant’s name ! Very dynamic, colourful, eye-catching image.

Really like the lines, textures and dof. Very pleasing composition as well.

Betiful, I love the light, the balance between ligth and shadows is perfect!

This plant does have some super exuberant leaf arrays, Jim. I always love running across it in the mountain meadows here. You caught these in absolutely prime condition, and I love the array. The depth of field is utterly amazing. I don’t think I’d change a thing.